Last Updated on
The ocean is teeming with life and is home to a wide range of life forms and marine animals. Snorkeling is one of the best ways to enjoy this rich ecosystem and explore its beauty and biodiversity. Over the past few years, this activity has become more accessible to beginners thanks to the significant advances in snorkel equipment. One particular innovation has made snorkeling much easier and enjoyable; the full face snorkel mask. In this guide, we will delve into the different aspects of this type of mask and we will you walk you through the process of identifying some of the best full face snorkel masks that are currently available on the market
The benefits of full face snorkel masks
Before opting for a full face snorkel mask, it is necessary to have a baseline understanding of what these gadgets offer. Compared to traditional snorkeling masks, they provide a number of features and advantages that make them the ideal option for a superior snorkeling experience. Below is a list of some of the benefits of using full face snorkel masks.
Full face snorkel masks allow you to breathe from both your nose and your mouth when you are underwater. This makes breathing easier and less strenuous compared to the physically demanding traditional masks that only allow breathing from the mouth.
Thanks to the flat lens, full face snorkel masks are able to offer a 180 degree panoramic view that is vastly wider and clearer than the one provided by traditional masks. The image is free of any distortion and is always uninterrupted regardless of the viewing angle.
The fog that often builds up on the lens is one of the major annoyances that are associated with snorkel masks. To solve this issue, full face masks employ a mechanism that redirects the air that you exhale outside the mask. This helps maintain a clear view for lengthy periods of time underwater.
Dry top system
When dealing with traditional snorkel masks, water leakage seems like an inevitable occurrence. This is mostly due to their open design and the lack of a seal that prevents water from entering the breathing tube. Full face masks are equipped with a dry top system that seals the air valve and keeps water out of the tube.
Thanks to the advent of GoPro cameras, capturing and sharing videos of your outdoor adventures has never been easier. Full face snorkel masks come equipped with a detachable GoPro mount that allows you to capture all the vibrant colors of the underwater scenery.
Top 5 Full face Snorkel Mask Reviews 2020
Outer Limits Full Face Snorkel Mask
- BREATHE EASY - Our snorkeling mask is designed with a longer snorkel and...
- NO MORE FOG - Our innovative, anti fog design expels humidity from your...
- PANORAMIC VIEWS - See underwater like never before with 180 degree views...
- CARRYING BAG INCLUDED - Keep all of your snorkeling gear in one place to...
This full face snorkel mask from outer limits is simply outstanding. It boasts a new design that provides an unobstructed view thanks to a continuous bubble lens. The snorkel is slightly longer than the vast majority of options on the market and it allows you to hold your breath for extended periods of time when you are diving underwater.
This mask is equipped with a number of features that differentiate it from the competition. The anti-fog mechanism is especially effective when it comes to redirecting your breathing outside the mask and it ensures that you are getting a clear view at all times. Moreover, Outer Limits’ new dry snorkel technology prevents water from getting into the mask.
Also included in the package is an extremely lightweight bag that allows you to carry your full face snorkel mask in a convenient and easy manner.
- The unobstructed view that is provided by the continuous bubble lens
- Comes with a free bag
- The effective anti-fog mechanism
- The new dry snorkel technology
- Features a camera mount
- The buoyancy in the mask tends to increase if you dive deeper than 6 feet
- The large version of the mask is a little bit smaller than advertised
Aqualation Snorkel Mask Full Face
This has been one of the best selling models for quite some time now. This upgraded version is equipped with some of Aqualation’s new innovative technologies. One of the most noticeable additions is the new design that automatically locks the top valve in order to prevent water leakage to the breathing tube. Another aspect that has undergone some serious improvements is the mask’s anti-fog system. The upgraded version of the mask features a unique double air flow channels structure that separates inhaling and exhaling channels, resulting in a more effective fogging prevention.
Besides these new upgrades, the mask has all the characteristics and qualities that made the previous version a best seller. The panoramic view that is offered by the mask’s window is remarkably clear and uninterrupted and the GoPro mount allows you to easily attach your camera and record your underwater experiences.
- The new anti-fog system
- The advanced dry top technology
- It provides a wide 180 degree panoramic view
- Comes with a GoPro mount
- The mask is not easy to disassemble
- It might be too wide for some head sizes
X-Lounger Snorkel Mask
- ★NEWEST FOLDABLE SNORKEL MASK: Fold the tube by gently push a button,...
- ★PANORAMIC LARGE VIEW & MORE REALITY FLAT LENS: With a 180 degree...
- ★EASY TO BREATH & ANTI-FOG DESIGN: Full face snorkel mask allows you...
- ★NO CHOCKING WATER: A ball at the top of the tube will automatically...
The X-lounger Snorkel mask comes in a comprehensive package that includes a mesh bag to dry the mask, an earplug set, a nylon carry backpack, and a GoPro mount for diving with a camera. This model offers good value for your money. It provides a great panoramic view and is equipped with a highly effective anti-fog system that maintains good visibility underwater.
One of the X-lounger’s biggest selling points is its foldable design. Unlike the standard snorkel mask design, the X-lounger can be installed and disassembled easily. The tube can be folded by a push of a button and the camera mount is entirely detachable. The X-lounger mask is easy to carry and doesn’t take up a lot of space in the bag.
- The practical foldable design
- The removable GoPro mount
- The dual anti-fog system
- The longer tube allows for easier breathing
- Flat lens design results in a crystal clear viewm especially when the water is crystal clear and you want to enjoy it as much as you can just like in places like Jordan or Corfu
- The innovative tube design that prevents water from getting in
- The elastic strap might give out over time
- The mask is not suited for people with long and narrow faces
WildHorn Outfitters Seaview 180° GoPro Compatible Snorkel Mask
- 180° FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to...
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and...
- FOG RESISTANT DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that...
- EASY TO USE- So you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time...
This premium mask is easy to use and boasts all the necessary features for a complete underwater experience. The 180 viewing area is one of the widest on the market and the fog resistant design is extremely efficient when it comes to redirecting your breathing to the outside of the mask. Thanks to the dry snorkel technology, the mask allows you to remain underwater for long periods of time without worrying about saltwater getting inside the breathing tube.
The WildHorn Outfitters mask is made from high-grade silicon and is durable enough to handle the various elements that it will inevitably be exposed to underwater. As far as aesthetics are concerned, this mask is rather stylish and comes in a wide range of color options to choose from.
- The mask provides good airflow
- The durable silicone construction is effective in preventing leakage
- It boasts a separate breathing chamber that prevents fogging up
- The viewing area is extremely large
- The design is quite stylish
- The price is relatively high relative to other options
- The mask is not suited for deep diving
SeeReef Full Face Snorkel
- NEW 2018 DESIGN – the 4 valves make this easy-to-breathe snorkel perfect...
- COMPLETE KIT + FREE HARD CARRY CASE - you spoke and we listened, after...
- UPGRADED FLAT CLEAR LENS – older designs use a curved lens that is good...
- ADULT SIZES – with 2 sizes to pick from you can expect the ultimate...
This full face snorkel from SeeReef features an upgraded flat clear lens that provides a wider and more comfortable viewing experience. The mask is equipped with 4 valves that make breathing underwater much easier. Additionally, the tube was elongated in order to allow more air in while keeping fog from building up. The all-encompassing package includes 2 sets of ear plugs, a travel bag that is tailored for the mask, and extra seals. To prevent any potential leakage, the new design employs a durable silicon seal that completely closes the lid and effectively keeps water from permeating the mask.
- Made from high-quality materials
- The upgraded flat lens offers a wide and clear viewing angle
- Good quality to price ratio
- Comes with a complete set of accessories
- The anti-leak design with silicone seals
- The seal between the nose and mouth area could use some improvement
- The breathing tube can be detached from the mask if not handled with care
Despite having a few drawbacks of their own, full face snorkel masks are without a doubt the best full face snorkel mask when it comes to premium snorkel equipment. They are a substantial upgrade over the traditional design and are especially ideal for beginners who lack the skill and the experience to handle the physically demanding nature of regular snorkel masks.